Yes, you read that title right. These are Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies that you can eat for breakfast!!
This month’s Recipe ReDux challenge was to share new ideas for breakfast.
“Show us the healthy way you wake up your breakfast – or wake up just for breakfast!”
Well, I will definitely get out of bed for breakfast cookies. So why am I advocating that you eat cookies for breakfast? Well, these cookies are gluten-free, contain whole grains, protein and have no sugar (besides the small amount of chocolate chips). Made with oats, bananas, apple sauce, Greek yogurt, peanut butter powder and a few spices, these cookies are a great way to start your morning. They combine some of my favorite breakfast items and taste like a cookie. Make a batch and enjoy them all week!
Makes 12 Cookies
1 banana, mashed
1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
2 tablespoons of non-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup low-fat milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons peanut butter powder
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, applesauce, Greek yogurt, vanilla and milk. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon and peanut butter powder. Stir.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl and stir with a spoon. Then add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop small cookies (about the size of a golf ball) on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.