Well, I took took two months off from my weekly updates, but I’m back! I got sidetracked with some other projects (re: The Athlete Nutrition Plan and my writing projects), but I guess that’s a good sign for a growing business. I’ve decided to give myself Summer Fridays, which basically means I’m working less on Fridays and doing things that make me happy (like blogging). So, let me fill you in on what I’ve been up to lately!
- Responding to the request of my cousin, who is a busy parent of three young athletes, I created a recipe round-up of 15 Make-Ahead Meals For Parents Of Athletes. These meals are healthy, super easy to make and created by other Registered Dietitians!
- I will be collaborating on a video with the YouTube sensations of So You’re Dating A Vegan. We will be re-creating one of my favorite foods as a vegan dish. More on that later… But, in the meantime, I spent a ton of time researching vegan food and thinking about whether or not I could ever go vegan. I probably can’t because I love dairy and eggs, but I put together a “how-to” guide for any athlete who wants to be vegan or already are vegan. Plus, there are 12 vegan recipes from my fellow bloggers!
- Lastly, I was part of a Recipe ReDux contest, sponsored by California Walnuts. I created these delicious Vegan Tacos with California Walnuts and a fun video to go along with it. The best part is that these are made in the slow cooker, so you don’t have to turn on your oven on those really hot days.
- As many of you know, I will be running the TCS NYC Marathon this year! I’ve run 7 half-marathons, but I’ve never run a full marathon. I will start training on July 10th, and I will chronicle my training along the way. AND, if you’re also running a half or full-marathon this fall, join me in my training!
- I’ve been focusing much of my professional efforts on writing and media. I’m very excited to say that I will now be contributing to FitnessMagazine.com! Stay tuned for my first article next week.
- I am also actively taking on counseling clients. If you are an active individual or someone who wants to be active but doesn’t know where to start, contact me about my services. I also work with child athletes and their parents to provide sports nutrition education and solve common problems that children athletes face when it comes to eating.