This week was a quick 4-day week, and I had hard time finding my groove. For some reason, 3-day weekends leave me feeling tired and unmotivated. But, I did get some things accomplished. Let’s recap!
- Since my last weekly update, I created a delicious Watermelon & Kiwi Bruschetta. The pictures speak for themselves.
- I’ve also been working with Fitness Magazine to put together recipe round-ups, featuring recipes from fellow Dietitians. This Vegetarian BBQ Recipes That Won’t Make You Miss Meat is an awesome source of lighter recipes to bring to any summer BBQ.
- Have you always thought that low-fat milk is healthier than full-fat? I sure did until I started researching the topic for an article in Women’s Running Magazine. Read what I learned: Should Runners Have Low-Fat or Full-Fat Dairy?
- I started a fun “Did You Know?” series that will be provide fun nutrition facts every Wednesday. Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to get the facts.
- It’s been an average of 90+ degrees in NYC, so running outside is just not happening. I wish I was the type of person that could get up at 6am and run, but I’m just not. Instead, I’ve been running on the treadmill and focusing on strength training.
- My marathon training starts this week, so stay tuned for my training schedule!
- Besides the food recipes I cited above, I’ve written a few more articles for Fitness Magazine, including:
- This second article on running for weight loss went over so well that I’m thinking of starting an online “Run To Lose” group. It would be very affordable and a great way to learn about running and eating for weight loss. If you’re interested in joining, contact me now or join my newsletter below to stay up to date!
- I also shared a copy of my first ever webinar: How To Fuel For Any Event. Download it now!