Have you made a resolution to eat better in 2015? If so, I’m sure you’ve read a million tips for keeping your resolution. Maybe you’ve even restocked your fridge with healthier items. Today’s post gives a quick and easy recipe to help you maintain that healthy eating resolution. My 3-step Honey Lime Roasted Carrots take less than 5 minutes to prepare and are deliciously tangy and sweet. These carrots are the perfect side dish to any healthy recipe. So start your 2015 off right by eating and enjoying your veggies!
Makes 2 servings
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons of vegetable or canola oil
2 teaspoons of honey
1/8 teaspoon of salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Wash and scrub the carrots and cut off the top. There’s no need to peel the carrots.
- Whisk together the juice of 1 lime (about 1 tablespoon), oil, honey, and salt in small bowl.
- Place carrots in large bowl and pour lime mixture over carrots.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread carrots on baking sheet. Pour any excess liquid over carrots. Bake for 8-10 minutes, turn them, and bake for another 8-10 minutes. Carrots will be slightly charred and tender when done.
- One medium carrot only has 25 calories, making them the perfect low calorie snack.
- Having trouble seeing? A medium carrot has over 200% of the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin A, which improves vision.
- Carrots are high in the antioxidant beta-carotene. Foods high in antioxidants have been shown to reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease!