IT’S THE SECOND TO LAST DAY OF THE 30-DAY HEALTHY LIVING CHALLENGE!!! Sorry, I thought that warranted all caps.
For those of you that have been following along, you have almost made it through the first month of New Year’s Resolutions. How do you feel?! I hope you feel like healthy eating and exercise are becoming a way of life.
Day 29: Sign Up For A Future Challenge
I want to start this challenge with a story… A little over two years ago, I was 29 and in grad school. My 30th birthday was quickly approaching, and I wanted to challenge myself to do something new. On a whim, I put my name in the lottery for the NYC 1/2 Marathon. At the time, I wasn’t a runner and running two miles seemed difficult. I was active and worked out, but I just didn’t run. My name was picked from the lottery and I had 3 months to train myself to run a 1/2 marathon (read about how I did it here). I completed my first ever race, which happened to be a half marathon, that year. This year, I will be running the NYC 1/2 Marathon for the third time and completing my first full marathon–the NYC marathon!
The reason I tell you this is because today’s challenge is to sign up for a future fitness or nutrition related event/set a goal. Here are some suggestions:
- Sign up for a running race, such as a 5K (for beginners), 10K, 1/2 Marathon or Marathon.
- If you aren’t a runner, sign up for a bike tour. NYC has a bunch of these and it’s not the most bike friendly city… so I bet a city near you has a nice organized ride.
- Learn a new sport. Have you always wanted to learn how to swim or dreamt of skiing? Maybe you’ve always wanted to try horse back riding? Find a class near you and sign up!
- Sign up for nutrition services with me! I offer free 15-minute assessments.
- Not competitive? Join a meet-up running, walking, biking, hiking or any other activity group. Meet like minded people that will keep you active. There are also groups that focus on cooking.
Do you have another idea that I didn’t list? Do it and share it with me! I hope you are all a little bit more educated and motivated because of these challenges, and I hope to learn new ideas from you guys as well.