Anyone who says they don’t like appetizers is clearly lying. My favorite part of any party is having a cocktail while enjoying some delicious bite sized treats. The only problem with appetizers is that they are usually really high in calories and not very filling. And, I end up eating a ton of them and not feeling full afterwards. Luckily, that’s not the case with these Cauliflower Poppers with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.
These fun appetizers are loaded with fiber, so they will actually fill you up. Plus, they are low in calories so you won’t feel guilty indulging in these and some dessert. Make them for your next tailgating party and they will disappear in an instant!
Makes 4-6 serving (each serving is 4-5 poppers)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup flour
1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon honey
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, cornmeal, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, Old Bay, cayenne and sea salt. Stir until well combined. Put the flour in a separate bowl. In a third bowl, crack two eggs and whisk together.
- Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray. Take each piece of cauliflower and dip it into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumb mixture. When the piece is evenly coated, lay it on the baking sheet. Repeat with each piece until the baking sheet is full (you may need a second baking sheet).
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes and then turn the cauliflower. Bake for 10 more minutes on the opposite side.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, make the sauce by whisking together the oil, yogurt, mustard, vinegar and honey. Season with salt and pepper.