I’m really not big on Valentine’s Day. My boyfriend and I don’t even have plans, but he does love sweets, so I made him a decadent treat. We were recently in this vegetable market by our apartment and he pointed out pomegranate seeds. “These would be good for a Valentine’s Day recipe and blog post,” he said. Although he really doesn’t know much about cooking or baking, it was a really great suggestion. So, I threw the seeds into my basket and sought out to make a dessert.
Voila! These simple, 4 ingredient, no-bake Chocolate Pomegranate Love Nests were created. The dark chocolate and pomegranate seeds are packed with antioxidants, so this is a Valentine’s Day dessert that you can eat without the guilt! And they look like little bird’s nests, so make them for your love bird…or not.
Makes 6 Nests
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
sprinkle sea salt
1) Line a muffin tin with parchment paper.
2) Place the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds, and stir again. Microwave another 15 seconds. Stir until the chocolate is creamy. If needed, microwave another 15 seconds.
3) Add the pomegranate seeds and pumpkin seeds to melted chocolate and stir.
4) Pour the chocolate mixture into 6 segments of the muffin tin, so that they are just coating the bottom. If needed, use a fork to evenly spread the mixture. Sprinkle sea salt on each nest.
5) Place the muffin tin in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. The chocolate will harden and the nests will pop right out when ready.