I don’t mean to brag, but 2014 was one of my best years. If you are reading this blog, then you must be at least slightly interested in what I’ve been doing. Usually my blog posts are meant to teach you something, whether it’s a healthy new recipe or something about nutrition or fitness. But this blog post is simply all about me! I want to recap a few awesome things that happened to me in 2014 and give you a preview of what’s to come in 2015. Here goes nothing…
- I was accepted into a Dietetic Internship! I’ve been on the road to becoming a Registered Dietitian (RD) for what seems like forever. Over the past 4.5 years, I have quit my job in advertising, completed undergrad science pre-requisite courses, and was accepted into and completed a Masters of Nutrition program at Columbia University. In September of 2014, I started the final step of my RD journey by beginning my Dietetic Internship. It’s been a really long road, and I can’t say that it’s always been great, but I’m really excited to start my career.
- I started this blog! Nutrition á la Natalie was created as a place to share my nutrition and cooking knowledge with family and friends, but it has blossomed into so much more. I’m constantly learning more about blogging by reading and commenting on other blogs and staying active on social media. And the best part is that I love it!
- I became a runner. Towards the end of 2013, I turned 30 and wanted to set a fitness goal. I put my name into the lottery for the NYC ½ marathon and was accepted! There was only one problem—I didn’t really run. I started from scratch and trained to run long distances, and I completed my first ever race in March 2014: the NYC ½ marathon. I have run 8 other races since then and am signed up for multiple races in 2015.
- I met this handsome fella. He’s made me very happy and has been extremely supportive of all my hard work and future goals.
What’s to come in 2015:
- I will finally graduate with my Masters and get my RD credential! I seriously cannot wait for the day when I can put MS, RD after my name.
- I will (hopefully) get my first job in the Nutrition field. Over the past few years, I’ve been soul searching about my place in the Dietetics world. I’ve gravitated towards sports nutrition, food/cooking, writing, public speaking, and most importantly, working with individuals. My ultimate goal is to start a business in which I can do all of these things. But my entry-level pursuits will hopefully encompass working with people on an everyday basis to make their lives a little healthier.
- One of my 2015 resolutions is to learn food photography. I got a DSLR camera for my birthday a few weeks ago, and I’ve been slowly learning the basics of manual photography. It’s a really fun hobby, but it’s also very complicated. Hopefully my blog readers will reap the benefits of my new hobby with some yummy food photos!
- There will be more healthy and delicious recipes to come, including my monthly Recipe ReDux post. As a sneak preview, I have a quick and easy 3-Step Honey Lime Roasted Carrots recipe coming soon!
- I will set new running goals. I want to run a race in another state, and I’ve been grappling with possibly applying to the NYC Marathon (which would be my first full marathon)! As I journey down this running road, I will share more running tips. I’m actually running a New Years Eve race tonight at midnight in Central Park, so send me warm thoughts.
I look forward to any and all unexpected adventures to come in 2015. What did you do in 2014, and what are your goals for 2015?